CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN!!!

Dear Evan,
I cannot believe you are 5 years old today.  How has this time gone by so fast? 
It seems like yesterday you were my little baby bird.

You came into this world 10 days early and showed us right away what a little fighter you were.  The first 4 months of your life were very scary for Daddy and I.  But you came through it all just fine.
You are such a special boy, Evan Michael. 



From the time you were itty bitty, people have always commented on what a communicator you would be. 
That is so true!  You have always been a talker.  Now you are 5 and you love learning about words.  You love to spell them, read them, use them and learn what they mean.
 
From the time you were 8 months old, you have had a love for trains.  That love has really become your passion.  You know so much about trains...engines, cars, the track, the signals.  You love GeoTrax and build your layouts all over the house--taking up several rooms at a time!

You are such a smart boy!  You watch National Geographic alot and can recite entire episodes (with the British accent the narrator uses!)  You also love to research things on Wikipedia, and I'm pretty sure you just tuck the knowledge away for the day you may need it.

You love music and can sing a song after only hearing it once or twice!  I have never seen a child with rhythm like you have!

You eat like a linebacker most of the time.  And when you are going through a growth spurt--forget the grocery budget!  You love ramen noodles and want them almost every day for lunch.

You are a great little brother!  Rylee loves you so much!  And I know that you are going to be a terrific BIG brother!

You have a wonderful heart.  You always have a smile for everyone and genuine compassion for others. You are funny, silly and you like to tell knock-knock jokes.

You are also stubborn, obstinate, loud and you MUST have the last word--always.  As frustrating as that can be at times, I know that those traits are going to benefit you!  I cannot wait to see what you do with your life, you truly are special!

Every day of your life has been an absolute joy.  I feel so blessed to be your Mommy. 


Tomorrow Daddy and I will take you to Kindergarten.  I am still not sure how I am going to handle it.  It feels like I am just not ready for you to leave the safety of being tucked under my wing and flying into the world.  But you are super excited and I know you will do great!

So today, my sweet son....I wish you the very happiest of birthdays.....and many more to come!
You are my heart, my soul, my sunshine. 
I love you baby boy!
Happy, happy birthday!

Love, Mommy

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Did you know my husband is a railroader?? Sometime we will have to see if he can get Evan in to see some real trains!

Post a Comment