CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, September 4, 2011

On Our Way!

We had our first official appointment with our homestudy social worker this week.
I was super nervous--as in stomach butterflies, scrub the house from top to bottom, new fragrance in the Scentsy burner, be crabby to (and hang up on) your husband for no reason--kind of nervous.
I didn't really know what to expect.
It's weird.  Awkward.
And I wasn't sure what to expect.
She had told me she would be here for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. 
It ended up taking 30 minutes.
She explained her role in the adoption process, answered our questions, gave us some reading materials and some homework. 
And some paper.

This is some of the stuff we have to read through.  This stack is approximately 2 inches thick!

The homestudy application.  Each of these is several pages long.

Foster Care Licensing paperwork

This was the (26 page) application for our placing agency in California!

I don't really consider myself any kind of tree hugger, but geesh.  This is crazy! 

So today Tyson and I spent about 7 straight hours filling out paperwork, digging out financial papers, insurance papers, and medical information.  And we barely put a dent in it all! 
But we will get it all done, as soon as the holiday weekend is over and someone can answer a few questions!

I know this is just the beginning of MONTHS of paperwork, and I am by no means going to complain about any of it!  It all just puts us closer to our daughter!

To the best of my understanding, our next step is to finish all this paperwork, then we will be fingerprinted (probably late next week).  Tyson and I have to get our first set of medical exams and toward the end of the month we will have our training class. 

It feels so good to be DOING something, because I know it will be hard while we are in the "waiting" phases of adoption. 

We are super excited!!!

HERE WE GO!!!!!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck to you Tonia! My sister is just finishing up her 10 week class and all the paper work :)

Post a Comment