CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fingerprints!

Last Friday I received our fingerprint appointment letters.
OK. Wait.  That's not entirely true.

Last Friday, I lost my "patience" mojo and couldn't wait any longer.
So I called USCIS "just to see" if we had been assigned a fingerprint appointment. 
And we had! 
We were scheduled for Feb. 29, at 8:00 in Indianapolis.
(I did actually receive the appointment letters in the mail the following day)
I wasn't sure if Indy took walk-ins, as not all centers do.
So I did a little research, made a few phone calls, and relied on some pretty knowledgeable ladies on some adoption sites.
Anyway, the general concensus was that Indy does take walk-ins.
So we decided to try it.
Tyson took the day off.
We got up at 0-dark-thirty.
Dropped the kids at my friend's so she could take them to school.
Drove 2 1/2 hours (one way).
All to take a chance they might take us.

And you know what???

THEY DID!!!

We got there about 10:45 a.m. and told the security guard why we were there.
At first, she acted like they may not take us, since we were SO early.
Then she messed up thoroughly searched my purse, handed our paperwork off to another lady,
who said "It's fine".
They took us back right away, printed us both, asked us to fill out the comment card, and we were out the door!
All in 10 minutes!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!

I know they say getting printed early doesn't speed up the 800A process, but as fast as approvals are coming in right now, I figure it can't hurt!  I am really hoping we are approved before our assigned print date.  (Right now approvals are coming in about 38-40 days.  We are on Day 19 so if you do the math.....) 

We are thisclose to DTC!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment