CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

Ups and Downs

In case you didn't know, adoption can be a roller coaster of emotions!
Mine have been all over the place, but today I think I have experienced all emotions possible!

I got up really early this morning to head to the Consulate in Chicago to get all my dossier docs authenticated.
Excitement.

Then, discovered my sweet son was sick and there was no way he could go to school.
Heartbreak.

Tyson said he would stay home with him so I could go to Chicago.
Guilt.

Realizing how truly incredible my husband is in the way he ALWAYS steps up without being asked.  He is an amazing husband and father.
Grateful.

So Rylee and I went to Chicago, waited for more than an hour for our number to be called, turned in all our documents.  Asked for same day service and were told they were not doing same day or next day service and we wouldn't be able to pick them up until Friday.
Disappointment (but I was prepared for that one).

Had a fun lunch at Rainforest Cafe.
Enjoyment.

Drove 2 1/2 hours back home.
Exhaustion.

Had strong urge to call USCIS to see if we had been assigned an officer.
Overwhelmed.

Knowing I shouldn't call.  There was no way we would be assigned already.  It has only been 4 business days since we were fingerprinted.  Prepare to be disappointed and told "no officer yet".
Ashamed.

Called anyway and found out we HAVE been assigned!!!
Surprised!

Wishing I could have talked to our officer (left a VM) to find out when our approval will be done.
Anticipation.

Realizing we could possibly be DTC next week.....
ELATED!!!!


~so, not being able to pic up our dossier until friday is actually a blessing.  There is a good chance I will have our I800A approval by then, which I can get authenticated same day (hopefully) on Friday, which will save me a trip to Chicago next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment